In order to implement any significant change you must follow a phased in approach. During the innovation phase you will need to involve no more than 10 percent of your employees and customers. The team that you select (both employees and customers) must be highly engaged and have a passion for the product. Never allow the “status quo protectors” to be involved in this stage.
- Create energy and excitement for the innovation
- Reward your most engaged employees and customers by involving them in the change
- Prove the innovation is valid
- Make the innovation exclusive in order to build demand
- Rapidly implement the change in order to receive maximum benefit to the organization